||Nikon Sportstar EX 10×25||Waterproof, Nitrogen gas for added resistance, Multilayer-coated lenses, Eco-glass optics||Affordable||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
||Olympus 8 x 40 DPSI||Durable, Wide-angle view, Aspherical & Anti-reflective lens||Affordable||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
||Barr & Stroud 10X42 Sahara||Water & Fog Proof, Nitrogen Purged, Fully Multi Coated Optics||Affordable||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
||Nikon Travelite EX||8×25 – 13.2 x 7.2 x 14cm – 354g – Waterproof – Fog-free – Neck Strap – Carry Case||High End||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
||Polaris Optics Spectator||8×32 – 612g – Clear Focus – Wide Angle Vision||Mid range||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
||Olympus Zoom PC I||10-30 x 25 – 12.4 x 7.6 x 15.2cm – 315g – Carry Case – Neck Strap – Lens Covers||Mid range||CHECK LATEST PRICE!|
Binoculars For Under £100 – Top 6
- 1 Binoculars For Under £100 – Top 6
- 1.1 Nikon Sportstar EX 10×25 DCF Review – Our Number 1
- 1.2 Products from Amazon.co.uk
- 1.3 Olympus 8×40 DPSI Binocular – Number 2
- 1.4 Barr & Stroud 10×42 Sahara FMC Review – Number 3
- 1.5 Nikon Travelite EX Binoculars Review – Number 4
- 1.6 Polaris Optics Spectator Review – Number 5
- 1.7 Olympus Zoom PC I Binoculars Review – Number 6
- 1.8 Verdict
There are many occasions when you need to see across distances greater than the human eye allows and, when you’re on the go, nothing does this better than a great pair of binoculars. Whether you enjoy bird watching, exploring or simply require a better level of vision, binoculars are fantastic for this.
Better yet, there’s a wide market for such products and you can easily find a luxury pair of binoculars for under £100. To help you, here’s a look at the top 3 binoculars in this price range.
Nikon Sportstar EX 10×25 DCF Review – Our Number 1
While it is true that Nikon are most famously known for the work in the camera industry, you may not know that they have a fearsome presence in the binocular industry bringing some of the greatest products out in order to push the competition as high as possible (CHECK PRICE!).
Inspired by the London Olympic Games in 2012, Nikon released a new set of binoculars into the market. It’s a particularly great set, and these features particularly impressed me.
- The wide field of view makes for an easier experience for the user.
- When pointing your binoculars at something close, it can focus to a high quality image if it is just 3.5 meters in front of you.
- They are also waterproof for five minutes at two meters depth meaning these could make a great addition to any snorkeler’s kit.
- The lenses are also protected with O-Ring seals and small pockets of Nitrogen gas making sure your binoculars will be able to withstand even the most fearsome of the elements.
- The lenses also have multiple coats, giving you the clearest and brightest image possible.
- The eye cups are able to twist and lock into place, giving the user the most comfortable experience possible.
- In addition to the O-Ring seals and the small pockets of nitrogen, Nikon refuse to use unsafe chemicals and materials such as arsenic or lead when crafting their lenses, giving you the safest experience possible.
The feature set is undeniably impressive, and you’ve only got to give the picture of the Nikon Sportstar a single look to know that it is a product worth taking seriously. A simple chrome and matte black look makes it seem different from the rest of the market but still grounding itself in the realm of sensibility.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £76.39Was: £90.00
Olympus 8×40 DPSI Binocular – Number 2
The next product I’d recommend comes from the Olympus company who primarily develop binoculars for bird watching or similar hobbies, but these binoculars shouldn’t be limited to just that hobby as they serve dutifully as a fairly great set of all purpose binoculars.
Quite a weighty product, these binoculars give you the feeling of power just by holding them, but these feature particularly impressed me.
- The Olympus 8×40 has a respectable x8 magnification will more than suffice for general everyday use.
- The heavy duty exterior of the Olympus 8×40 in addition to the great black matte finish and durable exterior and a rubber coating make sure you will have good grip on these binoculars.
- Much like the Nikon Sportstar, the Olympus 8×40 prides itself on its wide field of view, making sure you never miss a beat and get the best image possible.
- The two large aspherical lenses make sure that there is minimal distortion in your image, whether the weather be rain, snow or hail.
- The dark tinting of the lenses also hints towards the ant-glare properties of the Olympus 8×40 which gives the image more clarity overall.
The Olympus 8×40 DPSI Binoculars will more than suffice any avid birdwatcher with its impressive feature suite and sure fire design, but it lacks some of the features of the Nikon which is likely due to the decreased price it is being sold for.
Barr & Stroud 10×42 Sahara FMC Review – Number 3
As the name would suggest, these binoculars are best taken out into the plains of Africa admiring the wildlife, but for those of us who don’t have the means or the want to make the journey to the African Sahara, the binoculars work just as well at home, whether it be for plane or wildlife watching.
These binoculars have a particularly impressive suite of features and many customer testimonials can attribute to the brand’s success, but these are the particular reasons why I liked the Barr & Stroud 10×42 Sahara.
- The Barr & Stroud binoculars are well waterproofed, be safe for 5 minutes under 3 meters, meaning that if you accidentally drop it in a puddle or stream you should be able to retrieve it with minimal damage inflicted.
- Fog is always a hindrance in the eyes of any avid bird or general wildlife watcher throughout the country, and if you plan to go to the Moors fog is something you have to account for at some point, so the fog proof lenses of the Barr & Stroud binoculars will at least alleviate some of the pain.
- The lenses of the Barr & Stroud are nitrogen proofed making them more resistant to cold (or warm) weather, giving you the clearest image possible. The lenses also BAK-40 prisms and several anti-glare coats giving you the clearest image possible.
Although taking a more rustic approach to its aesthetic style, the Barr & Stroud binoculars are more than serviceable for the avid wildlife watcher.
Nikon Travelite EX Binoculars Review – Number 4
As the name might suggest, the Nikon Travelite EX Binoculars are designed to be easy to travel with, as well as being a lightweight option. Still, that doesn’t stop this device from brining plenty of practicality and versatility. It’s many features include:
- With a 25mm lens diameter, this equipment lets in a lot of natural light, delivering clear, vibrant images as a result.
- Similarly, with a zoom of 8 magnification levels, these binoculars are great for clearly picking out details from a distance.
- This vision is also improved thanks to a wide field of view, offering vision at an angle of 6.3°.
- When viewing from a distance of 1,000 m, this effectively lets you take-in up to 110 m all at once.
- This device also has some waterproof capabilities, able to survive for 5 minutes in depths of up to 2 metres.
- Likewise, it can also offer a fog-free feature, ensuring the view doesn’t change as the weather worsens.
- As far as the size goes, at 13.2 x 7.2 x 14cm, this is relatively compact model.
- It’s also rather light, weighing in at just 354g.
- Finally, for practicality, this piece of equipment comes complete with both a carry case and neck strap, ensuring you always have a means to keep it safe and secure.
As you can see, there are plenty of design features that help add to this binoculars’ capabilities. With a great viewing distance, a wide field of vision and a lightweight design, this device can easily become anyone’s travel companion.
Polaris Optics Spectator Review – Number 5
- These binoculars thrive in natural lighting, thanks to a 32 mm lens diameter, making them very versatile.
- Similarly, the 8x magnification ensures that details are easy to view, even from up to 1000 yards away.
- Likewise, this device promises a wide field of vision, with a 6.9 degree angle of view.
- It also has some great clear focus properties, ensuring a clarity of vision throughout.
- Despite its size, it is still rather lightweight. At 612 g, this feels more like a compact option.
Overall, this piece of equipment is great for anyone looking to capture plenty of detail on smaller items, such as birds and other forms of wildlife. The high magnification and 32 mm diameter are testament to this.
Olympus Zoom PC I Binoculars Review – Number 6
- Straight away, the most noteworthy feature here is that these binoculars have to magnification settings.
- For close-range viewing, this has a 10x magnification level, which is great for shorter distances.
- Likewise, it can also offer 30x magnification, which is fantastic for picking out details a vast distance away.
- Both of these levels of magnification are supported by a 25mm lens, which offers plenty of light and clarity.
- This device also offers a great field of view, which the range varying from 3.2°-1.9° depending on whether you’re using the 10 or 30x magnification, respectively.
- Despite being a standard sized option, at 12.4 x 7.6 x 15.2cm, this is still a small and agreeable size.
- Similarly, despite offering additional magnification options, it only weights 315g, which makes carrying it effortless.
- The kit does come complete with a carry case, for extra protection, as well as lens covers for when the device isn’t being used.
- A neck strap is also included, for ease of access when on the go.
For many people, the main selling point here is being able to switch between 10 and 30 levels of magnification, allowing you to adapt to the distance at hand. Yet it’s many practical features and inclusions, including lens covers, helps to ensure this is a worthwhile option in its own right.
Overall, the most cost effective and feature full set of binoculars of these three are the Nikon Sportstar EX 10×25 DCF Binoculars due to their close image focus, unique O-Ring seals and comfortable plastic eye cups to get you the best image possible.